Well that was an interesting night for sure! I slept in the shack "out back." On my way to the shack to go to bed, I saw a large feral cat. That sprang my imagination into high speed. Hmm I wonder why it ran under the shack? Will birds and snakes crawl into my shack? Oh bother! When I finally went to sleep, I slept well. No creatures visited in the night. Monday morning. Up bright and early! Lauran gave me a gentle reminder to wake up. As she had already perked a pot of coffee, I was eager to get up and get going. We all bustled about the place packing and preparing for today's climb; almost identical to yesterday's trajectory. Today we hoped to get started an hour earlier to avoid the predicted high heat. We might make all 58 miles if we planned it right. Donning some very strange looking duck billed visors, we set off into the rising sun. What a fantastic morning. Flying up over hills and down the other side on Hells Canyon Rd. I got a great view of an Elk standin...
Looks amazing, you guys are rock stars! Hope the temperatures are mild for you. Keep up the great work.
ReplyDeleteThat one in the middle doesn't look like a sister. In fact, it kinda looks like Pete.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are AWESOME! So proud of you :-)
ReplyDelete